Dr. Truong BaoMedical Director
Dr. Truong Bao, MD, CMD is a distinguished and proficient healthcare professional specializing in the field of internal medicine and medical leadership. Below, you’ll find a chronological overview of his academic achievements, certifications, and experience as a medical director:
- May 1994: Dr. Truong Bao obtains a Bachelor of Science degree in General Biological Sciences from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- May 1998: He graduates from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, with a degree in Medicine (MD).
- July 2001: Dr. Bao completes his residency at George Washington University in Washington, DC.
- August 2001 – present: He becomes a Board-Certified Medical Director by the American Board of Internal Medicine, maintaining this certification since then.
- 2013-2022: Dr. Truong Bao serves as the Medical Director at Bethesda Health and Rehab.
- 2016-present: He assumes the role of Medical Director at Carriage Hill of Bethesda.
- 2022: Dr. Bao takes on the Medical Directorship at Collingswood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, starting this position in the same year.
Dr. Truong Bao’s dedication to his medical career and extensive experience as a Medical Director highlight his commitment to providing quality care and leadership in the field of healthcare.
Dr. Sayed ElsayyadSub-Acute Medical Director
Dr. Sayed Elsayyad, M.D., is a highly accomplished medical professional with extensive experience in family practice and medical leadership. Here is a comprehensive timeline of his education, experience, certifications, and notable achievements:
- May 1982: Dr. Sayed Elsayyad receives his M.B.B.Ch (MD) with Honors from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt.
- March 1984: He attains the Diplomate in Internal Medicine from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- June 2002: Dr. Elsayyad completes his Surgery Preliminary Diploma at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC.
- June 2002 to December 2004: He undergoes training in the Family Practice Residency Program at LSU-Shreveport.
- September 2001 to June 2002: Dr. Elsayyad serves as a Cardiology Research Fellow at Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC. His responsibilities include patient chart review and follow-up, as well as participating in CCU rounds.
- February 2005 to present: He becomes a Partner and Chief Medical Officer at Montgomery Medical Associates, PC.
- January 2014 to December 2015: Dr. Elsayyad assumes the role of Chairman of Family Practice at Shady Grove Medical Center.
- January 2021 to present: He becomes the Associate Medical Director at Shady Grove Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation in Rockville, MD.
- October 2022 to present and 2007 to 2009: Dr. Elsayyad serves as the Associate Medical Director at Collingswood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Rockville, MD.
- February 1989 to May 1994: He works as an Internist at the Internal Medicine Department of Embaba General Hospital in Cairo, Egypt.
Hospital Admitting Privileges:
- Shady Grove Medical Center, since 2005
- Suburban Hospital-Johns Hopkins Medicine, since 2005
- Family Practice / Board Certified: 2016-2026
- Family Practice / Board Certified: 2005-2015
- ECFMG Certification: January 1999
Honors and Awards:
- Continuum Healthcare Network: Healthcare Heroes Award – Distinguished Public Service of the Year under Extraordinary Circumstances
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center Foundation: 2015 President’s Award for Outstanding Community Physician Contributions
- Washington Hospital Center Surgical Team: The Pentagon’s 9/11 First Responders – Recognition and Honor
Dr. Sayed Elsayyad’s extensive experience, dedication to patient care, and notable contributions to the medical community exemplify his commitment to excellence in healthcare.
Dr. Fahim MalikMedical Director, Nephrology
Dr. Malik’s main research interests are in glomerulonephritis and kidney transplantation.
Dr. Michael S. Chen, MD, FACC, FSCAI, RPVICardiologist
Michael S, Chen, MD, FACC, FSCAI, RPVI
Dr. Michael S. Chen has served as Chair of the Cardiology subsection at Shady Grove Medical Center since 2010. He has been the Medical Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center (formerly Washington Adventist Hospital) since 2013. He also has been on the Medical Executive Committee of Shady Grove Medical Center from 2009-2019. Dr. Chen was awarded the esteemed Physician RISES (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship) Award by Shady Grove Medical Center in 2009 and by Washington Adventist Hospital in 2015.
From 2014-2016, he served as Chair of Internal Medicine and as a member of the Medical Executive Committee at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital.
Dr. Chen graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, He then completed his internal medicine residency at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Chen finished his general cardiology and interventional cardiology fellowships at the Cleveland Clinic. He is an interventional cardiologist who performs both coronary interventions as well as peripheral interventions.
He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology. He is a Registered Physician Vascular Interpreter (RPVI) for vascular studies.
He is a Founding Member of the Medical Staff at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital.
Dr. Chen has written several book chapters and published articles in leading cardiology journals. His professional interests include interventional cardiology and peripheral vascular interventions.
Dr. Dennis C. Friedman, MD, FACC, FSCACardiologist
Dr. Dennis C. Friedman is the Director of the Shady Grove Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Medical Director of Inpatient Cardiac Services at Shady Grove Medical Center, Medical Director of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Facility of Shady Grove Medical Center and the Director of Research at Shady Grove Medical Center. He is a Founding Member of the Medical Staff at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital. Dr. Friedman is also the managing partner at Cardiac Associates, P.C. Dr. Friedman attended Trinity College in Connecticut and obtained his medical degree at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He was an intern, resident, and chief medical resident at George Washington University and a cardiology fellow at Georgetown University. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and Board Certified in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology. Professional interests include invasive and interventional cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation, and preventive cardiac care. Dr. Friedman was awarded the esteemed Physician RISES Award by Shady Grove Medical Center for his superior care of patients.
Safy John, MDPulmonologist
Dr. John specializes in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Critical Care & Pulmonary Disease.
Ajit P. Kuruvilla, MDPulmonologist
Dr. Ajit Kuruvilla, MD is a Critical Care Specialist & has over 36 years of experience.
Dr. Geetha ChilakamarriGeriatrician & Palliative Provider
Dr. Geetha Chilakamarri is a triple board-certified physician specializing in geriatric medicine, hospice & palliative medicine, as well as dementia care. She prides herself on the delivery of person-centered care through identifying patterns and complexity of each individual patient. For over 20 years she has provided exemplary care and medical oversight to patients with positive feedback from them and their families, in her Germantown, Maryland practice as well as inpatient settings. Dr. Chilakamarri established and expanded Geriatric and Palliative Care services in both Holy Cross Medical Center and Adventist Health System. We are thrilled to have a provider of Dr. Chilakamarri‘s caliber and experience to provide medical oversite of our dementia and palliative care populations.
Paul Newman MD, MBA, MSPalliative Care
Dr. Paul Newman is board certified in both Family Medicine and Hospice – Palliative Medicine. His areas of focus are palliative and hospitalist medicine. Dr. Newman serves as faculty in the Family Medicine Residency program at the University of Maryland Capital Region Health. He maintains a private palliative medical practice throughout Maryland and DC.
Dr. Newman earned his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the University of Maryland Prince George’s Hospital and completed his fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at The George Washington University Hospital. He also earned dual masters’ degrees from Marymount University in Arlington, VA in Health Care Management and Business Administration.
Sydonne Newland, RTDirector of Respiratory Therapy
With over 30 years’ experience as a Respiratory Therapist she has worked in the hospital as a critical care therapist and has extensive experience working with the senior population in the health care industry.
“Hands on patient care is what I love the most, that is why I have been in this industry for so long”.
On her off time she enjoys, hiking, camping and traveling.
Rubeena VincentPM&R Nurse Practitioner
Rubeena Vincent is a highly skilled Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner in SNF/ALF setting. She specializes in musculoskeletal, pain and spasticity management.
Primary focus on:
- Sub acute rehabilitation
- Non surgical orthopedic/musculoskeletal care
- Myofascial pain and Neuropathic pain
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound diagnosis and guided injections
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine